How to get that flawless foundation for your special day.
- Choose the right shade by testing the product on your jawline.
- Before applying foundation, use a light moisturiser. If you have an oily complexion, ensure your moisturiser is oil-free.
- Next, apply a face primer. This will make your skin appear smoother and your foundation flawless.
- Choose a matte, oil- free, water-based foundation for the most natural look. I like Studio Fix Fluid SPF15.
- For a natural glow, try adding a small amount of MAC Strobe Cream to your foundation before applying.
Brighten with Blusher
- Choose colours that complement the rest of your make-up as well as your skin tone. For cool-toned skin (blue undertones), use plum, cranberry or rose pink. For warm-toned skin (yellow undertones), use coral, apricot or peach.
- For a natural hint of colour, I suggest using cream blushers. They're easy to apply and have a beautiful silky finish.
- Apply colour onto the apples of your cheeks. Smile into a mirror and blend upwards and outwards.
- Go easy on the shimmer! The light-reflecting particles will be picked up by the camera and appear as white streaks.
- Set your foundation and blush with a light dusting of transparent powder, try MAC's Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder.