How Grooms can look their best on the big day too!
Male grooming is big news, from basic skincare to cosmetic procedures and everything in between. There are plenty of articles focusing on beauty treatments for the bride-to-be; however grooms also want to look their absolute best, not only for themselves but their brides too. To achieve great results make sure you begin your pre-wedding grooming routine at least three months before your big day.
- THREE MONTHS TO GO
- Skincare: The most effective way to achieve a clear complexion is by exfoliating to get rid of dead skin cells, cleansing to remove pollutants and unclog pores, and moisturising to keep skin hydrated and nourished. Choose products according to your skin type; Clinique has a great range called 3-Step suitable for all.
- TWO MONTHS TO GO
- Teeth: If you haven't paid a visit to the dentist in a while, your wedding is the ideal opportunity to improve those pearly whites. Remember a winning smile for the wedding album is essential.
- ONE MONTH TO GO
- Tanning: There are many DIY methods, however, don't be tempted to go it alone for the first time a week before the wedding. The most consistent and fail-safe method is a spray tan applied by a professional.
- ONE WEEK BEFORE
- Hair trim: This isn't the time to try the latest avant-garde looks from the catwalk or dye your hair. Seek advice from your stylist and stick to a simple trim, which will allow your hair to grow slightly and settle back to perfection before the big day.
- TWO DAYS BEFORE
- Unwanted facial hair: A monobrow or ear and nasal hair are never a good look for your wedding. Have a professional tend to your brows to avoid any symmetry blunders, and purchase a facial trimmer from a high-street chemist to fix unsightly hair issues with ease and speed.
- Manicure: Don't panic, we're not talking glossy polished nails, but a man should still have clean and well manicured nails.
- ONE DAY BEFORE
- Shave: If you're intending to go for a clean-shaven look, the best way to achieve this is to have a professional barber give you a hot towel wet shave. The benefits include smoother skin, less irritation and it's a relaxing, de-stressing experience to boot. For those of you with a penchant for facial hair, ensure your style is perfectly trimmed.
- Complexion: Use a concealer to minimise imperfections such as spots, blemishes and dark circles around your eyes-I recommend MAC Studio
- Finish: Finally, use a mattifying cream to eliminate shine.